Friday, November 17, 2006

Rick Santorum for President


Citing family reasons the soon to be unemployed junior Senator from Virginia rules out a White House bid in 2008.

Santorum: No oval office run
Some backers sought an '08 campaign, but he said: "Absolutely, positively not."


As much as I knock Rick you have to admire any politician that says what's on his mind. I've said before that I would miss him. Politics is a contact sport but it is also entertainment. Who is more entertaining than Ricky? Hopefully he won't go on to be a lobbyist but get some sort of media gig. Fox News is a natural fit. Actually in the last weeks of the campaign when he was going on about the gathering storm, etc. I thought he was looking to run for President. But he ruled it out and I will take him at his word. At the same time he can always change his mind. The idea of being President is a powerful tonic for anyone involved in politics. The old joke about everytime a Senator looks in the mirror he can see a President also applies to Congressmen, city councilors and even bloggers.

On a side note I want to congratulate Alex and the gang at Santorum Blog for providing the most comprehensive coverage of the Senate election. Good or bad for their guy it was posted.

5 comments:

LVDem said...

it will thrust him to something. Victory, maybe.

Gort said...

I'm sure he will be happy to hear of your support since you helped propel Haggerty to 3rd place.

eRobin said...

I agree with you about the Santorum Blog - best coverage of the Senate race around. Primary too.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE......SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY , WE MUST GET RICK TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT. I SAW HIS SPEECH TONIGHT ON C SPAN 2 AND I CANNOT BELEIVE ALL THE THINGS HE POINTED OUT ABOUT THE DANGERIOUS WORLD IN WHICH WE LIVE AND WHAT A WONDERFUL SPEAKER HE WAS ON C SPAN TONIGHT. AMAZING. WE NEED HIM. HE HAS TO RUN. WE MEED A NEW KIND OF FACE IN WASHINGTON. I AM NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL AT THE ONES THAT SAY THEY ARE RUNNING THUS FAR. WE NEED RICK. AMAZING PERSON.
PLEASE EVERYONE GET TOGETHER AND MAKE HIM RUN. PLEEEEEEZZZZZZ. WHAT A GUY !!!

Anonymous said...

Just an FYI, Rick Santorum was from Pennsylvania, not Virginia.