Friday, January 18, 2008

Meet the candidate

I've suggested to the 10th CD campaigns that they put their candidate's event schedules on their websites so bloggers like me can tell you, my dear readers, where you can meet their guys. I hope to make this a regular feature.

Paul Swiderski has 3 events this week:

Tonight he will be at the Laurel Villa Country Inn, 2nd & Ann Streets, Milford, PA

On Sunday you can find Paul at the Harding Fire Company meeting

And Wednesday, January 23 he will be joined by two special guests at the Sterling Inn, Route 191, South Sterling, PA

For the details click here.

And Congressman Chris Carney will speak at the 3rd Annual “Wrestling for our Veterans” at the Elk Lake School this Saturday, January 19th at 3:30 PM at Elk Lake School.

In other campaign news we have an announcement from Vince Sweeney.

Sweeney will not seek GOP nod for 10th Congressional seat

Sweeney, 57, of Kingston Township, said he has decided not to enter the race because he likes his job and is happy with his lifestyle. “No matter how I look at things, no matter how I twist and turn, dice and chop, I really like what I’m doing right now...But in two years, who knows?” Sweeney said. “That’s why I can’t see myself supporting any of the other candidates."

I'm glad he got that over with, the suspense was killing me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Choose your rich creep. No grassroots campaign here. Even Madeira caved in for the money.

Anonymous said...

I read that meuser had 250 plus in Wayne county, 400 people in luzerne, and over 100 in lackawanna. No grassroots?? think again