Tuesday, April 01, 2008

This Blog is Closed


For a few days while I deal with some health issues. This aging process stinks, first the eyes go then the memory then......uhm. Speaking of aging I got this Mea culpa, sort of, in the email.
TO ALL MY LIBERAL FRIENDS: I AM SO SORRY

By Mean Old Man

I’m sadder than Eliot Spitzer in a monastery over the fact that I have been a complete schmuck over the past several years that I have been posting on this site. In my day when we made a mistake we fessed up and admitted it, so I admit to being rude and ignorant to Gort and to all of his fellow bloggers and his audience in general.

I was sitting by the olvictrola last night listening to the Golden Greats of Perry Como and it got me thinkin’ what a schmuck I have been to everyone. I mean, just because someone may have a different view from you does that mean that they’re no good and not worthy of breath on this small planet?? My wife Thema Jean is always on my case about my temper; hell, I blew up at her the other day for her forgetting to put a few bottles of Steg in the fridge to be ready for me when I got home from the VFW. Here’s a woman who works and slaves all day long and I have been treating her like that?? Well, no more—I ain’t gonna be like my Pops and disrespect her or any other woman anymore. Even Mrs. Clinton, who by the way, when you really look at her, is quite a fine lady all around. And OlBarack ain’t so bad either, a young leader with charisma who can really teach our kids a thing or two about getting involved in politics.

But back to my main reason for posting; I am so sorry Gort, and Company for all of my harshness and my basic caveman attitudes. I hope to post more as a gentleman with a disagreement in the future.

Hell, maybe we can even become friends and I can come to one of those Pub gatherings that you never invite me to. I’ll even buy a round or two. We can sit and discuss the issues of the day and maybe if you are generous enough, I can get in an opinion or two but if you don’t want me to, I will respect that and keep my trap shut. I know that the other bloggers have a lot more intelligence than me and they have a lot more to say that would be relevant.
Well, I gotta go now, Thelma Jean is calling and my Squirrell casserole is out of the oven.
Thanks for reading this and thanks for letting me post all of these years. I really appreciate it!!!

Mean Old Man P.S. APRIL FOOL COMMIES!!!! NOW FINALLY HERE IS A HOLIDAY WORTH CELEBRATING!!! I BET YOU THOUGHT THAT YOU HAD CONVERTED ME TO YOUR HAMMER AND SICKLE PHILOSOPHY. FAT CHANCE!!! SO GO TO YOUR SUBVERSIVE BEER GARDEN MEETINGS AND DON’T FORGET TO JOT DOWN NOTES TO SEND BACK TO PEKING AND MOSCOW!!! DAMN YOU ALL!!!

6 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Northern_Girl said...

Sorry you are under the weather. I hope the "this blog is closed" is an April Fools joke too. :(

Get well soon.

Zen said...

hope all works out gort and hope to see you soon.

mean old man, great april fools.

Anonymous said...

Gort,

Rest up and get better, the race in the 10th is getting interesting and we need you at full strength.

Truth be told even with our political differences I've come to like you, I always enjoy aspirited conversations.

Anonymous said...

I'm already going through withdrawl, and it's only been a day since you closed. Hurry back, and get better soon. We need your election coverage before the 22nd!

Big Dan said...

Get well soon, Gorty me boy!